- How many times have they been arrested?
- How many and what type of criminal offences have they been arrested for?
- What states were they arrested in?
How many times have they been arrested?
- This group of 55,322 criminal illegal aliens had been arrested a total of 459,614 times.
- 97% of those arrested had been arrested more than once.
- 58% had six or more arrests!
- They were charged with close to 700,000 crimes. (Average 13/criminal)
- 12% were for Murder, robbery, assault, and sexually related crimes.
The report notes that this is the minimum number of crimes that they had been charged with as seven states only report the first crime that a person is charged with, not all.
What states were they arrested in?
- Not surprisingly, 58% were arrested in California.
I am not sure that I can add much commentary to this. The numbers are telling enough on their own. This is an example of the crime element that is hiding among the illegal alien population. The report states that the date cannot be used to extrapolate or make estimates. (So we can't say that "not bad considering there are an estimated 12 million illegals.") I wonder, this is the state of crime in states that have the most illegal alien residents. If Congress were to legalize their presence, once would expect (former) illegal aliens to migrate throughout the country. How much will the criminal element within the group spread with them? They also note that an arrest does not mean a conviction.
Also, 58% of this group was arrested 6 or more times. How many times were they deported? If they were deported once and returned, that is a felony. What kind of prison sentences do they receive? How often are they release without being prosecuted? I would think that six arrests would label these people as extremely undesirable and that the government would do their best to keep them behind bars.
Information on Certain Illegal Aliens Arrested in the United States (PDF) - GAO