Sunday, July 6

Copy of Not Yet Released Stargate - Continuum Available on the Internet

On July 29th the latest edition of Stargate, STARGATE - Continuum, is going to be released, straight to DVD








However, if you know where to look, what appears to be a copy/torrent of the movie is available for download on the internet.  According to the statistics, it seems that thousands of people are taking advantage of this rogue copy being available early.



You know, it is one thing to blame fans for releasing copies of music and videos, but it is something entirely different for a movie that is not yet released to the public to end up out in the wild in the internet.  That can only mean that in insider did it.  It is silly for Hollywood to chase down small-time downloaders when the ones doing the real damage are their own employees.  The same thing happened with the last Stargate Movie as well as Battlestar Galactica Razor, with all apparently available well before being released/aired.



So the question is, do I or don't I? (For now, I added it to my Amazon shopping list.)







----------

1 comment:

Syn said...

Good question. I know to download it is tempting. However I'm a huge Stargate fan, and because I want to movie to do super well so that we are giving more Stargate movies/series. I'm going to wait and buy the Blu-ray version tomorrow. I really enjoy Stargate and I'm not going to contribute to its demise by being cheap or a cheater.

When I found your post, I was actually looking for the retail store that had released early. It hadn't even occurred to me someone had leaked it early. Oh well, hopefully those people that download it early will still buy it so it doesn't harm sales.