Sunday, May 3

Books Read - 2008

Here are the books that I managed to finish reading during 2008.


FAREWELL MILAG
SHIP OF MIRACLES
THE FORGOTTEN HEROS
MERCY SHIPS
SOUTH FROM CORREGIDOR
EXCHANGE SHIP
DISMANTLING UTOPIA
GUESTS OF THE AYATOLLAH
All of the books are maritime related except for the last two which cover the collapse of the Soviet Union and the Iran hostage crisis. They were all good reads. I flew through most of the books except DISMANTLING UTOPIA, which at least in parts was a hard slog. It was very interesting, just that I had to force my way through a couple parts that I was not very interested in. Still, the book was the inspiration for two posts here. (The Soviet Union Couldn't Handle Milk Production Either and Putin's Inconvenient Memorial)

Currently I am reading THE DEADLY EMBRACE which is about the alliance between Hitler's Germany and Stalin's Soviet Union.
--------------------
Add to Google
--------------------

2 comments:

Art Sahlstein said...

I noticed that you read South from Corregidor, my uncle was on this adventure and related the story many times. Would you like to sell your copy of the book? Thanks Art Sahlstein

Fred Fry said...

Sorry, but I am not willing to part with my copy of this great book.

That said, put a search on eBay for the title of the book as they do come up for auction often and do sell for reasonable prices, often under $20.