Wednesday, July 25

"YOU SAVED MY LIFE AND BANK FUNDS"

It seems that "The 'Rose Household Textiles' Nigeria Scam" is still alive and finding willing victims to give their money away to scammers.

It is nice to see that at least one scammer will not be seeing a payoff this week, thanks in part to my previous post on this subject:

THANK YOU SO MUCH TO ALL OF THESE BLOGS...YOU SAVED MY LIFE AND BANK FUNDS...I WAS HOURS AWAY FROM FOLLOWING THE DIRECTIONS INSTRUCTED TO SEND THE MONEY WESTERN UNION, BUT SOMETHING TOLD ME TO RUN A GOODLE SEARCH ONE MORE TIME ON THIS SO CALLED "ROSE HOUSEHOLD" COMPANY..I EVEN TALKED TO THE GUY ON THE PHONE BRIEFLY ALTHOUGH HE CALLED PRIVATE AND PLAYED LIKE THE CONNECTION WAS BAD AFTER A FEW MOMENTS...MY BOYFRIEND AND I THOUGHT IT WAS A BIT TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE..HE KEPP SAYING NOBODY JUST GIVES AWAY MONEY!...TRUE..SO AFTER I READ THIS INFO I PRINTED IT AND CALLED MY FAMILY FRIEND WHO IS A SHERIFF CRYING TELLING HIM I MAY HAVE DONE SOMETHING WRONG...THEN CONTACTED MY BANK BEFORE THEY HAD THE CHANCE TO PROCESS THE CHECKS FULLY..EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON LUCKILY THE BANKS WERE CLOSED SAT AND SUN and I GOT REVELATION FROM GOD THAT THIS WAS NOT RIGHT...I HOPE YOU READ THIS AND ACT BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE! - Link to Comment

Talk about a lucky close call. But I guess all that matters is the end result, which in this case was good. Unfortunately, at least one of the others who posted a comment was not so lucky.

I am currently a victim of the current internet scam. I live in the state of Georgia. I was arrested on June 15th 2006 for 1st Degree Forgery. I personally presented the check inside of a SunTrust Bank in Georgia. I did not endorse the back of the check nor received funds from it. The teller advised me that the signatures did not match on the check and she contacted her Branch Supervisor. Approximately 10 minutes later, I was approached and intimated by two police officers in which I was questioned. I gave the officers the fed ex package it came in as well as the emailed instructions to the officers. They claimed to arrested me because I fumbled over my story due to the fact that I have NEVER in my life been in trouble with the law as well as I was threatened by way of harm by these individuals. I face a Calendar Call with Gwinnett County Court on February 20th 2006 which in turn I will plead "not guilty." If this happens to face a jury trial, I am willing to go all the way due to the fact that I was scammed and I have found that people get screwed really bad just thinking to fall for something too good to be true such as I did. I cannot afford to have my future messed up.

I will take the information given on this website and present as evidence. I do as well have contacts that still email me to tell me that they have been scammed as well. I also filed a complaint with the FBI Internet Crimes Unit, and the Federal Trade Commission. - Link to comment

As it was said above, nobody just gives money away. It does not take a great deal of thought to understand this, but at least some level of thought is required. So there we are.

Email Offer Checking Service:
If for some reason you think you have a genuine Nigeria/Africa/check cashing plea for help/job offer, feel free to send it to me for proofing. I will investigate and tell you if it is real or not. The fee for the service is $50. If it turns out that you have a genuine offer, I will front 100% of the funds requested for a fee of 10% of the total that they are promising to you. Your risk is limited to the $50 fee. Considering how willing people are to send thousands to strangers in other countries, $50 is cheap insurance against being scammed.

No comments: