Tuesday, December 25

Merry Christmas 2007!

I would like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas!


Exploring around the tree at Grandma & Grandpa's house



This tree limb fell Sunday night minutes after my brother and his fiance walked under it. Oddly enough, nobody heard it fall, including him. So that answers one question; Falling trees alone make no noise. In a sort of early Christmas present, My brother, whose car is parked here 99% of the time, was out doing last-minute Christmas shopping. I had moved our car from in front where it is normally parked. I moved it because I was concerned that someone would hit it coming around the turn. It might not look it, but that tree limb was really heavy. We would have been dealing with one-two totaled cars had they been under it at the final moment. The tree blocked the road, so that night we cleared it out of the way. Christmas eve morning was spent turning it into firewood. Luckily, in addition to guns, most Americans also have easy access to chainsaws. That a couple saws, and a little physical labor made short work of this mess.

Brother's 10 footer

My brother and fiance went to upstate NY to cut their own tree. So your looking at what was the biggest tree on the highway. I understand that other drivers were suffering from tree envy. (If I remember correctly, it cost $35.)



Finally, here is a shot of the coolest Christmas card I didn't get this year.

Our Christmas has been great. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas as well!

No comments: