Sunday, February 18

Fred vs "Children Against the War!" at the White House

Its Sunday and I was taking my wife's grandmother to see the White House and as I approached I could see this little girl marching back and forth. As she got closer I took this picture.

(Children Against the War! and Mom looking from afar.)

So I asked her if she knew what her sign said. She looked at it and read it aloud to me.

I then asked "Which war?"
"The War in Iraq."
Then I asked why she was against it?
Because people are getting hurt.
She replied, this time not sure of the answer.

I then asked "Why are we fighting there?"
I don't know.
Of course she did not know. Finally I asked where her mom was. She pointed out the lady in the photo standing in the street. I thanked her and walked away and went over to the fence to look at the White House. A couple minutes later the child and her parents were behind me and the girl was holding back crying. I did tell her father that I was very polite to her and did not intend to upset her. I got a polite reply back that it was alright. (Something tells me that this was mom's idea and dad was not too crazy about it.)

I wonder what the parents were thinking when they pulled this stunt. After all, they must have known that once she put that sign in her hand she was going to be a target, especially in front of the White House. She was there for a good bit before running into me and all I did was ask her a couple of questions. You know, try to get a little dialog going like the left always suggests. In this case it did work, because the little girl was not interested in protesting any longer.

Then on the way out I saw this other family:


(Child: Don't Send Me to Iraq)

So here we have another moonbat mom using her child as an anti-war protester. I did not talk to them, and anyway I was no out as a protester for or against anything. I was out to enjoy the sights of our Capital. At least they stuck to the other side of the street, where the anti-Us, pro-Soviet Union protest is located.

One thing for sure, neither of these kids decided to do this on their own. And 'I don't know' is a common answer I get when I talk to protesters in front of the White House. Like when they are there with "War is not the answer" signs and you ask 'what is the answer?' I never saw so many blank faces in my life.

1 comment:

f mcdonald said...

At first glance I thought the children were wearing smiley face masks before I realized you had masked them to protect their identity, which was a decent thing to do.

I suspect their parents would much rather have the children's faces plastered all over TV or in the Washington Post with a couple of precious captions.